Make a floating boat for your toys. Remember to use a waterproof material on the outside of your boat so that it doesn't get all soggy!
Make it more challenging by making a boat that holds lots of toys, or a heavy toy. Make a really big or a really small boat.
Use pegs and lolly pop sticks or cardboard to make animal enclosures.
Make a bridge across the river. Can you make a tall bridge? Can you make a long bridge? Can you make a bridge that can hold the weight of a toy?
Build a marble run from items you would usually throw away.
When you have finished you can challenge yourself with these ideas:
1. Think about some real-life examples of how this science is used and create a design that mimics them. For example, you could make a rollercoaster or waterslide version.
2. Make another marble run and race your marbles to see which one is quickest.
3. Make two routes on the same backboard and time them or race them.
4. Create alternative routes by having a tab you can change to direct the marble a different way, like a train track.
5. Make a supersized one by joining multiple boxes together.
6. Decorate your marble run to make it stand out.
7. Film a video or take a photo and send it to us!
A fun game to make and then use to challenge your family!
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: